The Single Subject Acceleration (SSA) application forms are now available at http://wakeacceleration.weebly.com and must returned to Mrs. B. Schneider or Mrs. K. Colley by the following dates which are very firm.
|School Calendar||Calendar Nomination Window||Testing Window|
|Track 2||4/20-5/3/2016||5/11 & 6/6-6/9/2016|
|Track 3 & 4||5/12-5/25/2016||6/3-6/9/2016|
Upcoming Boosterthon Dates/Times:
Parent information sessions for single subject acceleration and math placement will be held at various middle schools throughout the county between February 17 and March 9, 2016. Please see this information session flyer for specific details.
Wake County year-round students in tracks 1, 2, and 3 will have classes April 2 to make up for the snow day on January 22.
Please visit WCPSS Make-Up Information for more details regarding weather make-up days. HARES will open for staff at 8:00AM this Saturday and will close at 2:30PM. Students will enter the building at 8:45AM and dismiss at 12:45PM. Breakfast and lunch will not be served. Students are encouraged to bring a healthy snack.
This information has been shared with local media and posted on the WCPSS website, social media, and has been distributed to our weather notification e-mail subscriber base.
In addition to checking the WCPSS website, Facebook and Twitter, parents and employees can stay informed by signing up for emergency WCPSS email notifications such as school closings, delays and early dismissals. Visit http://www.wcpss.net/signup/newsletters/login to sign up.
Attention parents with rising Kindergartners for the 2016-2017 school year:
Open House for 2016-2017 Kindergartners will take place on Tuesday, January 5 at 10:00 a.m. and 6:30 p.m. in the Media Center.
Registration for Kindergarten begins on January 7, 2016. Hours of registration are 10:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Please bring the following with you:
1. Proof of Address (one of the following): Electric Bill, Water Bill, Gas Bill, Lease Agreement with address and signature pages, Residential Contract with address and signature pages
2. Photo I.D.
3. Original Birth Certificate
8/25/15: Fall pictures – Tracks 1 & 3
9/24/15: Fall pictures – Tracks 2 & 4 AND Fall Makeup pictures (Track 3)
10/29/15: Fall Makeup pictures (Tracks 1, 2, & 4)
3/30/16: Spring Individual and classroom groups- Tracks 1 & 3
4/28/16: Spring Individual and classroom groups- Tracks 2/4
Friday, July 17
Friday, August 7
Friday, September 4
Friday, October 16
Friday, November 20
Friday, January 15
Friday, February 12
*Thursday, March 3
Friday, April 8
Friday, May 13
*All meetings will take place at 8:00am in the conference room except for the meeting on March 3. The meeting on March 3 will be a retreat from 9:30-12:30 (location TBD).
In the event that schools are closed or delayed due to inclement weather, please monitor the Wake County Public School System’s own electronic media and local television, radio, and print news media for the latest information.
In the event a decision is made to dismiss early after students are already in school, parents will also be notified via the district-wide Emergency School Messenger telephone system. Please see the information below to sign up for this system.
A message will be put on our main office number (919-567-4100) informing parents of the county’s decision.
Parents should use these resources to stay abreast of school closings, delays, and early dismissals:
Wake County Public School System Electronic Media
- WCPSS Web site: http://www.wcpss.net/
- Emergency Notification E-mail: Sign up at http://www.wcpss.net/signup/newsletters/signup/
Local News Media
- WRAL, Channel 5: http://www.wral.com/
- WTVD: http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/index
- NBC 17: http://www.wncn.com/
- News 14 Carolina (TWC News): http://centralnc.twcnews.com/
- News and Observer: http://www.newsobserver.com/
Area Radio Stations
- WRAL 101.5: http://www.wralfm.com/
- G-105: http://www.G105.com/
- AM 680: http://www.wptf.com/
- Foxy 107.1: http://www.foxync.com/
- K97.5: http://hiphopnc.com/
- WQDR: http://www.947qdr.com/
- WUNC 91.5: http://www.wunc.org/
- LaLey 101.1: http://www.laleync.com/
- Additional radio stations will also carry school announcements